Fallen AFL agent Ricky Nixon has urged his supporters to chase Channel 9 journalist Seb Costello down the street as payback after he was ambushed by the reporter.
Costello, 35, confronted Nixon over his latest questionable business venture, which led to the A Current Affair reporter copping an elbow to the head and saying he would be reporting to police.
But Costello himself is set to front court over an unconnected incident after he was charged victims this week with two counts of sexual assault – with his alleged perpetrators breaking their silence on Thursday.
Melbourne siblings Finn, 23, and Xanthe, 22, allege Costello confronted them after they had mistakenly blocked off access to his driveway.
Xanthe’s partner was waiting in the parked car, blocking the laneway off Boyd Street, Richmond on February 11 while the brother and sister were in their house nearby.
A Current Affair Reporter Seb Costello (pictured) claims he was interviewing Ricky Nixon when he copped an elbow to the jaw – but he himself has been charged with assault
The brother and sister spoke to The Herald Sun, alleging Costello walked up their steps and yelled at them and, when they were apologetic, he turned more aggressive.
‘I had to put my hand out on to his chest to stop him from pressing up against me,’ Xanthe said.
She claimed she needed to step back inside her house to regain her balance because he had moved up to the top step in front of her and that only when Finn said he would call the police did he back off.
They also allege Costello let fly with another tirade at Xanthe’s partner in the car as he walked off.
Costello, who works for A Current Affair, said he was on ‘compassionate leave’ when the argument occurred because his grandmother had died.
He said the ‘disagreement’ was minor and that he remained on the lower step and did not threaten or assault anyone.
The siblings disagree and said they were ‘disappointed’ that he acted so ‘angry’ and ‘entitled’ over the public laneway being blocked.
Costello is set to front Collingwood’s Neighborhood Justice Center on September 28.
Nixon said his fans should wait for Mr Costello outside court to give him a taste of his own medicine (pictured)
Costello made headlines himself just last week after he was alleged elbowed by disgraced former player agent Ricky Nixon (pictured)
Just last week, Costello was looking at pressing his own assault charges after an altercation with former AFL player and prominent footy agent Ricky Nixon.
He had confronted him for an ACA segment about the latest health business he was running, a service that offers $350 intravenous infusion treatments for those who ‘want a totally revitalised life and feel’.
The venture was slammed by the Australian Medical Association Victoria president Roderick McRae.
The ex-footy player and disgraced agent had also launched an ‘ambulance’ to provide mobile health services during the Covid pandemic.
Costello could possibly have used an ambulance himself after he confronted Nixon on Bay Street in Port Melbourne about his businesses.
‘I’ll be careful how I characterize it, but in the process of speaking with Mr Nixon his elbow has made contact with my jaw… I think it’s fair to say I didn’t headbutt somebody’s elbow,’ Mr Costello told 3AW .
He eventually decided not to press charges, with Victoria Police confirming on Wednesday afternoon their investigation was completed after they received a ‘no complaint’ statement.
Nixon seemed particularly pleased when he heard of the assault charges against Costello, who is the son of former Treasurer and Nine Chairman Peter Costello.
‘Winner winner chicken dinner,’ he captioned a link to the story on Facebook, referring to his nickname.
Saint Kilda School girl Kim Ametoglou (pictured) brought Ricky Nixon down in 2011 in the first of many scandals
Nixon had previously tried his hand at stand up comedy with a routine called ‘Chicken Train’ at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival in 2013.
The post received hundreds of comments from supporters with one suggesting a ‘Chicken Vs Costello’ boxing match would be a ‘promoter’s dream’.
‘Should get all the Chicken fans to wait outside court and chase him (Costello) down the street,’ another said.
To which Nixon replied: ‘Great idea’.
Nixon was once one of the top AFL agents and possibly sports agents in the country.
His ‘Flying Start’ agency helped manage the careers of stars such as Matthew Richardson, Nick Riewoldt, and Wayne Carey.
His agency collapsed in 2011 when pictures of him in his underwear allegedly inside the hotel room of a 17-year-old girl were leaked.
He fled to England and when he returned he sold his agency amid a loss of accreditation by the AFL and a number of assault and traffic charges levelled against him by police.
Nixon has attempted to re-invent himself as a man who cares for the community but his ‘ambulance’ businesses have been questioned by health officials