Cristiano Ronaldo could be heading for an ugly exit from Manchester United, after the striker sensationally left Old Trafford during a pre-season match last weekend.
Playing his first preseason match after missing the tour to Thailand and Australia, Ronaldo stormed out of the stadium with 10 minutes to play after being subbed off at half-time.
The Portugal international had been visibly frustrated with manager Erik ten Hag earlier in the fixture, while his agent Jorge Mendes reportedly continues to push for a transfer.
Watch the world’s best footballers every week with beIN SPORTS on Kayo. LIVE coverage from Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A, Carabao Cup, EFL & SPFL. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >
Meanwhile, Chelsea forward Timo Werner could complete an incredible move to a fierce London rival as two Premier League clubs enter the race for his services.
Manchester City Bernardo Silva is also on the cusp of a massive transfer to a Spanish powerhouse, but the deal hinges on another star being sold.
Here’s the latest transfer gossip in the latest edition of the Rumour Mill!
RONALDO LEAVES OLD TRAFFORD
Ronaldo donned Manchester United’s famous red jersey for the first time in 12 weeks during the club’s 1-1 draw with Rayo Vallecano on Monday (AEST).
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner played 45 minutes in his highly anticipated return, and later said that he was “happy to be back”.
But manger ten Hag is reportedly disappointed with the 37-year-old after he left Old Trafford before the final whistle.
UK media outlet The Sun have shared pictures of Ronaldo shrugging and covering his face in frustration while his new manager attempted to address him during a water break.
After being subbed off at half-time, Ronaldo then left the stadium with 10 minutes still to play. Photos show the football superstar walking out to a few, if not angry, fans waiting for him.
“It is not a good look to leave early when you have been involved in the squad,” a Manchester United insider told SunSport.
“It is different if you are up at the stands and not involved.
“You would expect someone who has played in the game to be in the changing rooms at the end to listen to the manager’s thoughts.
“Also a lot of people were there to see him and he was not even involved in the clapping of the fans after the final whistle.”
Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes is still hoping to secure a transfer for his disgruntled client.
CHELSEA STRIKER COULD SWAP LONDON BLUE FOR RED
Timo Werner could line up for one of Chelsea’s fiercest rivals this season, with The Blues reportedly willing to part ways with the German international in this transfer window.
The 26-year-old, who joined Chelsea for $83m (AEDT) in 2020, has failed to fire at the level that was expected of him when he signed at Stamford Bridge, having scored just 10 Premier League goals in 56 games.
But Werner could be handed a Premier League lifeline with London rivals Arsenal, who are interested in acquiring his services.
Mikel Arteta has already welcomed former Manchester City forward Gabriel Jesus in this transfer window, as they continue to bolt their attack.
Newcastle United are also interested in signing Werner on loan, but his hefty wage is a potential issue in regards to that deal.
The Sunhave also said that European powerhouses Juventus and Real Madrid are also interested in Werner.
SILVA ON THE BRINK OF BARCA DEAL
Manchester City Bernardo Silva is close to a massive deal with Barcelona as the Spanish giants continue to rebuild towards their former glory.
But Silva will only be able to complete the move if Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong agrees to leave the club.
De Jong has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United throughout this transfer window, although he appears intent on staying at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona manager Xavi has revealed that he doesn’t know whether de Jong will remain at the club or not.
“I don’t know if he’s going to stay here,” Xavi said.
“I’ve never sent Frenkie a message. There’s still time and a lot of things can still happen.
“The fact that he played as a central defender in the other games was not a sign that he was leaving.”
FIRMINO TO STAY AT LIVERPOOL
Football insider Fabrizio Romano has shared some major transfer news for Liverpool fans, as a Champions League winner confirms his intention to remain at the club.
Forward Roberto Firmino has said that he loves “this team, city and fans”, amidst speculation over his future with The Reds.
“I love this team, city and fans,” Firmino told TNT Brazil.
“I’m here at Liverpool and I want to stay.”
DEFENDER TO JOIN THE BLUES
Brighton left-back Marc Cucurella has been heavily linked with a transfer to English champions Manchester City, but a deal with Chelsea appears to be more likely.
Cucurella may be wearing a darker shade of blue this season as the London club entering talks with the defender.
City have refused to increase their bid which has seen them fall out of the race for his signature – for now.